- Read in bed until 2 AM and sleep until 9 or 10 if I feel like it. Were my darling hubby here, I would be doing the same-and he would have been the guy going down and nine and waking at seven. Ships in the night.
- Put on leggings or sweats, fluffy socks, and stay that way all day. While I am always presentable, if you come over and didn't call first, it's my sweats you are going to see. Residual effects of being married to a dress for success guy who had to entertain on a minute's notice.
- Start a book, decide I cannot put it down, and sit and finish the thing until it's done (except for eating-I never forget to eat!)
- Start decluttering a shelf, see a box of old letters, and sit down and read them all, ignoring all else (except for food, I never forget to eat!).
- Spend a day and a half doing absolutely nothing except for sewing from dawn to dusk. In this case, making twenty sets of six coasters for a sister in law who needed gifts for her employees.
- Decide that I really want to see The Descendants, and drive up to the local movie theater to see the 11 am movie-where it is empty enough that no one cares if I crunch my candy or slurp my drink. All without children or teenagers.
- Jump in the car (alone or with friends/family) on the spur of the moment and take a drive out of town to see the leaves turn-without facing weekend drivers.
- Decide at 12 to a meet a friend for lunch at 12:30-and spend as long a time at lunch as we like. We may even take a walk afterwards.
- Agree to go down to the shelter and volunteer for the day because they are short on volunteers.
- Do my grocery shopping, Christmas shopping and errands. During the day. On a weekday. With unlimited parking available.
- Take a nap-on the couch, in bed, or on the patio in the warm weather. For no reason. Just because I feel like it.
Thursday, December 1, 2011
Because I'm Retired I Can...................
One of the many reasons I don't do serious (other than visiting family) travel during the summer is the chance to stay at home. Warm w...
Traveling in retirement when we are single can be a challenge! Obviously it will be easier if you have a group of friends you've been tr...
Recently I downloaded a new book to my Kindle. The book is titled Going Solo: The Extraordinary Rise and Surprising Appeal of Living Al...
Today my heart literally hurts so much that there are no words. I am ashamed to be an American. Yes, I know what it means to say that. And I...