First, let me say that I really have turned into a "house hermit". I was so happy go get home after my errands today (grocery shopping, fabric store, car fill up and the like). I understand that some people feel the need to schedule or spread out their errands to force themselves out of the house or take a break. I just don't fall into that group. Soon enough I will be forced out of the house, so meanwhile I'll take the lazy at home life. Fabric love photos will come later.
Carla's blog today was about purses, specifically about hers (and what is inside). She invited us to share, so here I go. First let me say that I am a purse you know what. I still remember when an online friend talked about having to go somewhere with her husband, and dreading to amuse herself, when she turned around and found a Coach outlet and a Krispy Kreme on the same corner. I know, you either love Krispy or hate Krispy. I am in the love camp, as long as they are warm. Anyway, it sounded like my idea of heaven.
This of course, is where I insert the official disclaimer: I buy (some) designer purses because I love them, not because they have a brand on the side. I like what I like and I know what I like.
These days, I'm post retirement. Gone is the day planner. However I'm a business person (kinda sorta), a student, and a person who likes casual, bright style. To that end, this is my purse. It's a big bag by some standards, 14 inches by 19 inches (with six inches on the bottom). But it has a zip outside pockets, six inner pockets, a key clip and a button closure (I hate zippers). I can wash it if it gets dirty. Because it has so many pockets, I don't need so many little "containers".
What goes inside this gem?
- My wallet-the long billfold style type (I probably should move down to something more compact, I could probably get by with a card holder since I don't put photos or cash in the thing-I got it when I was couponing and it has about ten different coupon/gift card dividers.
- My kindle
- My notebook/journal-a five by seven lined blank book from Barnes and noble or another place.
- Pens and a thumbdrive for school (in one of the inside pockets)
- Lipgloss, blush and heavy duty hand cream (in another of the inside pockets) thats my level of makeup, and I have very short hair that doesnt need a brush or comb during the day.
- My cell phone (usually in the outside pocket not shown in the view above)
- My keys (on a long keyring since I can lose them if they are not in front of me.)
- My camera (in one of the six pockets)
Those are the basics. I also have room for file folders, a spiral notebook if I need it, and even a little art carrier such as my colored pencils or water colors.
It works for me. Back tomorrow with fabric love, finished projects, school and travel plans.