- Nachos and Queso and beer. Or whatever your poison is. Nuff Said?
- The new college playoff system-I think it stinks but it couldn't be worse than the BCS system so I'll give it a chance.
- The fact that the whole college conference system got thrown up in the air and came down on its proverbial ear. Only time will tell if this was a very good thing or a very bad thing.
- Sunday football forces/encourages me to follow my commitment to "do nothing" Sundays. At least that's what I tell myself. Now, I'm not saying God wants me to watch football. I did commit to doing only what was required on Sunday, cooking ahead and spending the day in rest and rejuvenation. For me, its much easier to avoid sewing, cleaning the bathroom, and so on with a football game and a book and snacks in front of me.
- It's a chance to watch grown men men gossip, and gossip well. We women already know that men are the true gossipers of the world. All one has to do is watch the halftime and between game color announcers on Fox or CBS (especially Terry Bradshaw) to know the guys have this down to an art.
- With a few exceptions, there are no guarantees. Anything can happen, and often does, just ask us Broncos fans. The worse guys in the league have been known to kick the rears of the best guys. Tthat okay guy who was a "sleeper" runs a ninety yard touchdown and you wonder where he came from.
- Tim Tebow. Sometimes you want to laugh, sometimes you just want to go "huh??". Either way he;s good for some amusement . Disclaimer here folks-I am a devout Christian who admire those religious people in football-including Aaron Rodgers. But I when I talk to God, be it to pray or thank, it's in private and it's personal. And I have to think that when you do that in public you both ask for the kind of discussions that abound and maybe even like them.
- You get to see grown men do things that they would never consider doing anywhere but on a football field, from grabbing the "ahem" in front of him to doing a dance my child would be embarrassed to do in the end zone.
- Finally, its a chance to not behave in the manner in which I was raised. Its a chance to yell and scream, call the players and umpires names, use inappropriate language and even throw things at the television. All good releases, and all done in the privacy of my own home.
Saturday, September 1, 2012
Hello Football, I've missed you so...................
American football, that is. Fortunately my wait for real football is never as long and it's games seem ongoing. Nevertheless, I'm ready for some football.............college football this week and coming up, the NFL. Now, that I've said this, half of the folks reading this "get it", and the other half are scratching their heads. So without further ado here are some (non politically correct) reasons I love football season and a couple reasons I hate the stuff:
You all remember those 98 degree afternoons I had Monday, Tuesday, and yes, even yesterday? Today? Fifty Degrees. While I am normally no...
Traveling in retirement when we are single can be a challenge! Obviously it will be easier if you have a group of friends you've been tr...
Recently I downloaded a new book to my Kindle. The book is titled Going Solo: The Extraordinary Rise and Surprising Appeal of Living Al...
Today my heart literally hurts so much that there are no words. I am ashamed to be an American. Yes, I know what it means to say that. And I...