|Love, love love this blog and all of her recipes|
- I couldn't help it, I got a spiral ham. Knowing that the other people I live with all had to work on Sunday, and that we are not huge on leftover ham. It was Easter, I was in the mood and it was on sale. So today I cut up potatoes, sliced and cut leftover ham, and made two large casseroles from this great loaded baked potato casserole recipe (with one small change, I sliced instead of dicing to make it look more like scallop potatoes to the unwashed among us). No waste and we can use our salty ham on our own time.
- I'm using some leftovers of my good yarn to make washcloths in spa colors. A set of three or four would make a nice gift, and while I can't say they will be free (I paid for the yarn once upon a time), it's free to me now. I do intend to make bath salts to go with them for all the women in my family. I'm starting with this pattern and then moving on with my inspiration!
- I got no groceries except for fruit, lettuce, bread and milk. I've decided to completely eat down our small stand alone freezer so that I can defrost it. Right now, we're eating well. When we get to the very ends, meals could be interesting!! Meanwhile, my grocery budget is non-existent for the moment.
- My really good office chair broke after almost 10 years-one of those expensive leather things with arm and a high back. Worth the three hundred dollars I spent, until I sat down and one of the wheels simply broke in half-leaving the other half in the chair. I despaired both of fixing it, and of finding another one that was less than the original price. In close succession, my daughter informed me that I could have her chair as she doesn't use it, and my son said he thought that the other wheel half could be pulled out-and I may still find the part. Whichever solution I end up with, I came ahead by waiting instead of rushing out for a new chair, ya know?
- None of my short pants (crops or shorts) fit me, and I am not into safety pin fashion. The bad news is that the weather is getting warm and I have yet to find things I like (more soft and not jeans-y). The good news is that I'm spending nothing on clothes, for now. I'm also looking at trying out project 333, but making the 33 clothing only.
|I'm using the good old Purl Soho websie (see linke above) as my inspiration for spa sets!|
What are your frugal endeavours if any this week?